Love at first bite: Delicious Ricotta Bread Recipe
Do you have a craving for something delectable and unique? If so, a fresh-baked loaf of ricotta bread is your perfect match. This delightfully soft and savory bread combines an amazing texture and flavor, and it’s incredibly easy to make. Typical of Italian fare, its ingredients reflect that influence, yet the recipe produces a loaf that is wholly unique.
– 500g all-purpose flour
– 350g ricotta cheese
– 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 teaspoons sea salt
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
– 1 teaspoon tumeric
1. Begin by combining the flour, ricotta cheese, active dry yeast, sea salt, olive oil, honey and the oregano into a bowl.
2. Next, knead the ingredients for about 8 minutes until a soft and slightly wet dough is created.
3. Once the dough is ready, place it in a lightly greased bowl and cover it. Leave the dough to rest and rise for 45 minutes.
4. After the dough is done rising, shape it into a loaf and place it in a greased loaf pan.
5. Cover the loaf pan with a damp kitchen towel and leave it to rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Preheat your oven to 375F. Once it’s heated, bake the ricotta bread for 30 minutes or until its top is light golden-brown.
7. Now, it’s time to enjoy your freshly baked ricotta bread — it’s delicious and tender enough to serve by itself, or as an accompaniment to any food.
It’s no surprise that ricotta bread has been gaining popularity in recent years — its unique mix of ingredients creates an intriguing combination of slightly salty, yet sweet flavor. The soft, fluffy dough melts in your mouth, and it’s the perfect side for savory dishes. Plus, its subtle hint of tumeric gives the bread a nice earthy aroma — a testament to the Italian cultural influences of this recipe.
This savory recipe is a simply a pleasure to make. Whether you serve it with a refreshing glass of vino or spice up the evening with a bowl of chili, your friends, family and guests will be pleased and tempted with this home-baked masterpiece. Bon Appétit!