Introducing the Rex Jelly Cake – Unique and Deliciously Indulgent
If you’re looking for a truly indulgent dessert, Rex Jelly Cake has what you need. Named after the Latin word for ‘king’, this is certainly a dessert fit for royalty, boasting a unique combination of texture, colour and flavour.
A Delicious Combination of Unusual Ingredients
Rex Jelly Cake is a dessert that packs a punch when it comes to flavour and texture. The warm, buttery sponge is light and fluffy and provides the perfect base for a combination of indulgent flavours, bringing together traditional ingredients with a few unusual elements thrown in for good measure. Fresh oranges, mixed with cinnamon and topped with a rich cream cheese frosting, provide an array of exciting flavours, whilst jelly and ice cream give a truly indulgent finish.
Easy Prep, Big Fun
Making your own Rex Jelly Cake is easy and fun. To begin, pre-heat your oven and grease a loaf tin. Then, whisk together flour, sugar and butter until you have a light and fluffy batter. Pour the batter into the tin, and bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, start preparing the jelly. Once the cake is cooked, spread the jelly over the top, and then layer the oranges and cinnamon over the jelly. To finish, smother with the cream cheese frosting and top with your favourite ice cream.
A Versatile Treat, Fit for Any Occasion
Whatever the occasion, Rex Jelly Cake is sure to impress. With so many flavours and textures, it’s an interesting twist on traditional baking and is perfect for celebrations and parties where you want to wow your guests with something a little bit different. Alternatively, you can serve it as a luxurious end to a special dinner.
Try Something New today and Enjoy Rex Jelly Cake
Try this delicious recipe today and see for yourself why Rex Jelly Cake has become so popular. The incredible combination of unusual flavours and texture make it an irresistible treat that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. So why not let yourself be tempted by something a little bit different, and enjoy a slice of Rex Jelly Cake. Enjoy!
Rex Jelly Cake Recipe
– 200g plain flour
– 200g butter
– 200g sugar
– 1 sachet of jelly
– 2 oranges
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 200g cream cheese
– 200ml double cream
– Ice cream (to serve)
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C and grease a 9×13 inch loaf tin.
2. In a bowl, beat together the butter, flour and sugar until you have a light and airy batter.
3. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Whilst the cake is baking, prepare the jelly in accordance with the packet instructions.
5. Once the cake is cooked, spread the jelly over the top and layer the oranges and cinnamon on top.
6. To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and double cream until you have a light and fluffy mixture.
7. Spread the frosting over the cake and then top with your favourite ice cream.
8. Serve and enjoy!