Red Velvet Brain Cupcakes: A Surprisingly Innovative Taste Come Halloween
As Halloween approaches, search for the most creative and unexpected treats to prepare for the trick-or-treaters and costume parties that come with it. While there are a lot of wonderful recipes out there, you’re in luck! We’ve got the perfect, spook-tacular recipe for you this All Hallow’s Eve – Red Velvet Brain Cupcakes!
These brain-shaped Red Velvet cupcakes are easy to make and definitely unique. Plus, their vibrant coloring will make them a great centerpiece in any Halloween party! Here’s the delicious recipe you’ve been waiting for –
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 1/2 cups sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 1/2 tablespoons of red food coloring
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease muffin tins and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then mix in the food coloring and vanilla.
4. Alternate adding the buttermilk and the flour mixture, starting with the flour and ending with the buttermilk.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tins two-thirds full with batter.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Once they’re done baking, pour a thin layer of frosting over the cupcakes in a brain-like shape.
8. Lastly, decorate them with edible eyes, sprinkles, and other decorations.
These Red Velvet Brain Cupcakes are a perfectly sweet and spooky treat for your Halloween festivities. The cupcakes are tender and the bright red color of them stands in stark contrast to the white frosting. Not only that, their unusual shape and decorations will definitely surprise your guests and make them look twice!
This recipe may be inspired by the traditional Red Velvet Cake, but it’s something unique that you won’t find anywhere else. Also, it’s pretty easy to make – you won’t need any fancy kitchen tools or obscure ingredients to pull it off – which makes it perfect for this busy season! So try this recipe for your upcoming Halloween events and you won’t regret it.