Spanish Quesadilla Recipe
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4-6 soft flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Sour cream, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper and cook for another minute before adding the bell pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften.
- Spoon the mixture onto half of a tortilla, then top with the cheeses, ham and cilantro. Fold the tortilla in half and place in the skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the heat, cut into wedges and serve with sour cream.
The traditional Spanish quesadilla is a delicious dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer, main course, or even as a snack. It is made with a variety of ingredients, including cheese, garlic, onions, peppers, and cilantro. This recipe is a delicious twist on the classic quesadilla and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
The key to this recipe is to make sure you don’t overcook the vegetables. Once they start to soften they should be removed from the heat. The cheeses should be melted but not browned. Toppings can be added as desired, such as cooked ham, diced tomatoes, or black beans.
This Spanish Quesadilla Recipe is a perfect way to enjoy a delicious and easy meal. You can serve it as an appetizer or as a meal. Serve it with a side of sour cream for an extra special touch. Buen Provecho!