This Sweet Blackberry Bread is the Perfect Autumn Treat
Nothing screams autumn quite like sweet and tart blackberry bread! Perfect for a lazy Sunday morning or an afternoon snack with your favorite cup of tea, this easy-to-make recipe brings a unique twist to classic baked goods.
– 1 cup blackberries
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 4 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup whole milk
– 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, milk and melted butter.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
5. Add the blackberries and gently fold them into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
8. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
There’s something so comforting about baking in the fall, and this blackberry bread recipe is the perfect sweet treat to make in honor of the season. With one bowl and less than an hour, you’ll have a decadent loaf that’s bursting with juicy blackberries.
The tartness of the blackberries pairs wonderfully with the sweetness of the vanilla-laced batter, making this bread a truly unique treat. Serve it for a cozy family breakfast with a dollop of honey butter or as a sweet accompaniment to your afternoon tea.