Discover the Pleasures of Quaker Cornbread
Do you have a yen for something tasty, warming, and uniquely inviting? Quaker Cornbread is the perfect treat. This easy-to-make concoction draws on the flavors of the traditional South, but with an up-to-date flair that will add pizazz to any gathering.
- 1 cup Quaker ® Cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, honey, egg, and buttermilk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or let cool, cut into squares, and serve.
A Taste to Remember
True Southerners know the pleasure of cornbread. Quaker Cornbread stands out, however, blending the subtle sweetness of honey and the comforting richness of melted butter into the classic flavor of cornbread. Whether served alone, with a dollop of jelly or honey, or paired with other items, Quaker cornbread is sure to dazzle.
This beloved recipe has been around for over a century and is favored by cooks of all levels, from novice to veteran. Calling for just a few good ingredients and requiring minimal effort, it is the perfect dish to pair with meals any night of the week.
If you’re looking for a creative twist on traditional cornbread, Quaker Cornbread is the ideal choice. Not only does it make for a delicious treat, but the fragrant aromas that waft out of the oven when it’s baking will soon have your home filled with an unforgettable Southern charm.