Pumpkin Protein Cookies – A Tasty and Nutritious Treat
When it comes to comfort food that is enjoyable and healthy, pumpkin protein cookies are an absolutely delicious choice. Packed with protein, an array of spices, and naturally sweet pumpkin flavor, this cookie recipe is the perfect choice for sweet tooth cravings.
Unique Ingredients for a Special Taste
This pumpkin protein cookie recipe utilizes several unique ingredients to create a mouthwatering treat. From rolled oats and pumpkin puree, to pecan butter, maple syrup and cinnamon, each ingredient combines together to create a flavor profile unlike any other. The addition of the protein powder to this recipe gives an extra nutritive benefit, ensuring these cookies are not just a sweet treat but also a boost to the immune system.
Respite from the Sublime
The combination of pumpkin, protein, and spices creates a heavenly aroma that escapes into the air when these cookies emerge from the oven. The scent of this unique mix becomes an olfactory delight and provides an inviting invitation to sample the freshly baked goods.
Versatility of this Recipe
These pumpkin protein cookies can be an ideal snack or dessert. The mixture can easily be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake. If a crunchy cookie is desired, baking for a few extra minutes creates a tasty, crispy treat. Or, for a gooey, melty cookie, take them out of the oven a little early.
Regardless of which way you prefer these cookies, they are sure to be a hit! Eating healthy never tasted so good!
A Recipe for Pumpkin Protein Cookies:
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pecan or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons of chopped walnuts, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, protein powder, baking powder and ground cinnamon until evenly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pecan butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough, onto the baking sheet. Slightly flatten them with the back of a spoon and sprinkle with the optional walnut pieces.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, and let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before enjoying.