Tantalize your Taste Buds with Pumpkin Nut Bread
Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with a delicious combination of vibrant autumn flavors? Fall’s the perfect time to try my homemade Pumpkin Nut Bread! I grew up eating this moist and delectable bread and now I’m passing along the recipe.
In my family, making pumpkin nut bread is a tradition. My grandmother used to make it for us for the holidays and special occasions, and it soon became a favorite of mine. The combination of pumpkin and walnuts creates a rich and savory mix that’s even better when you top it off with a pat of butter!
If you love the unique flavors of autumn, you’ll definitely love my Pumpkin Nut Bread. Let’s get baking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla and pumpkin.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
My Pumpkin Nut Bread is the perfect addition to your autumn table, or makes a wonderful gift for a friend or neighbor. Enjoy your delectable homemade bread and savor the unique flavors of fall!