If you’re looking for a comforting and comforting dinner or lunch recipe, then look no further than this delightful pumpkin carrot soup. Rich and velvety, this soup has such unique flavor – coming from the unique combination of both pumpkin and carrot that makes it quite special.
This soup perfectly combines the sweetness of pumpkin and the earthy-savouriness of carrots, making a popular dish that never gets old. The addition of extra ingredients such as onion, garlic, and herbs elevates the flavour even further and transforms the soup into something complex, delicious, and comforting.
Perfect for dinner or lunch, this soup can be enjoyed at any time of the year. A unique feature of this soup is that it is incredibly versatile and can be adapted to suit different tastes by adding or substituting certain ingredients. Furthermore, it can easily be portioned and frozen to be enjoyed at a later date.
This Pumpkin Carrot Soup recipe is truly a must-try. With a creamy texture and delicious flavour, what is there not to love? All you need is some pumpkin, carrots, onion, garlic, herbs and spices; plus a few pantry staples like a bit of butter, vegetable stock, and cream. It’s so simple yet so amazing – treat yourself and make this delicious soup today!
Pumpkin Carrot Soup Recipe
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 cups carrots, diced
• 2 cups pumpkin, diced
• 5 cups vegetable stock
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• Salt, to taste
• 2-3 tablespoons cream
• 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add diced onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until they become fragrant and tender.
3. Add diced carrots and pumpkin and cook for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
4. Add thyme and vegetable stock, stir to combine, and turn up the heat to bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the soup for 15 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through.
6. Blend the soup using a hand blender or food processor until a smooth consistency is achieved.
7. Add salt to taste and stir in cream.
8. Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top (optional).