Introducing Prune Bread: A Flavorful and Filling Family Favorite
As a busy mom of three, I am always looking for quick and delicious recipes that my family can enjoy. Prune Bread has been a staple in our kitchen for years. Not only is it easy to make, but it is also a unique and flavorful dish. This hearty, home-cooked bread combines the natural sweetness of prunes with the warm spices of cinnamon and nutmeg.
The Magic of Prune Bread
To make this delectable Prune Bread, the most important ingredient is the prunes. Prunes have a unique and intense flavor that helps to distinguish this recipe from many other traditional bread recipes. The sweetness of prunes compliments the gentle warmth of cinnamon and nutmeg nicely and makes this bread special. Prunes also provide a generous dose of dietary fiber, potassium and vitamin K, making this a smart way to get some healthy nutrients into your diet.
Making Prune Bread Step by Step
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tablespoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-1 cup buttermilk
-1 cup chopped prunes
-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Grease a 9-inch round baking dish with the vegetable oil.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and salt.
4. Add the melted butter and mix until blended.
5. Add the buttermilk and mix until blended.
6. Stir in the chopped prunes.
7. Transfer the batter to the baking dish and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top of the bread is golden brown.
9. Let the prune bread cool before slicing.
I love creating Prune Bread for my family. Not only does my home smell amazing while it bakes in the oven, but it is also a guaranteed hit with everyone in the household. The intense flavor of the prunes combined with the subtle spices make for an unforgettable flavor experience.
If you like prune bread, then you might also want to try other unique and flavorful recipes such as Apple Spice Bread or Zucchini Bread – two recipes that I highly recommend for any household.
No matter how you slice it, Prune Bread is a surefire way to spice up your next family dinner.