Tantalizng Prolon Soup with Its Unique Citrus Twist
Have you ever come across a dish with a hint of citrus that sets it apart from all the rest? If you haven’t, you’re in for a treat – Prolon Soup. This flavor-packed, veggie-filled meal may just take you to a culinary wonderland with its unique and creative use of ingredients.
This Mediterranean-inspired soup has its origins in the Iberian Peninsula and follows the age-old tradition of combining vegetables with aromatic herbs and spices. By adding in a hint of citrus, Prolon Soup has come even more alive and is loved by many connoisseurs of fine food.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 4 cups diced potatoes
– 2 cups sliced carrots
– 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 2 teaspoons ground cumin
– 2 teaspoons oregano
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
– Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
– Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
3. Add the vegetable broth, diced potatoes, carrots, chickpeas, paprika, cumin, oregano, and lemon and orange juices. Stir everything together to combine.
4. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Prolon Soup is the perfect marriage of Mediterranean spices with a burst of sweet-tart citrus that can’t be found anywhere else. Packed full of vegetables, this soup is both healthy and satisfying. You can make it as a light lunch or dinner and serve it with a side of crusty crusty bread. Plus, it can be easily adapted to make it vegan by using a vegetable broth and omitting the chickpeas.
If you’re looking to add a unique twist to your everyday meals, then Prolon Soup is the perfect dish to try. So why not give it a try and let your taste buds be taken to a new level of exciting flavours!