Healthy and Delicious Pritikin Soup – A Flavorful Fusion of Mediterranean and Eastern European Cuisine
Do you ever get a hankering for something that defies description? Something that blends flavors and cultures in a way that tastes exotic and satisfying? Well, if you’re looking for a meal that marries Mediterranean and Eastern European ingredients, look no further than Pritikin Soup.
Created by Chef Mychal Turner, Pritikin Soup is a unique combination of classic Mediterranean flavor profiles blended with subtle Eastern European notes. It’s a hearty vegetable soup that is packed with flavor and has just the right amount of kick. It is both nutritious and delicious and will provide a hearty meal for your whole family.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 2 large carrots, diced
– 2 red potatoes, diced
– 2 ear of corn, shucked
– 1 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
– 2 zucchini, diced
– 2 cups vegetable broth
– 2 cups crushed tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
– 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
– 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the smoked paprika and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the carrots, potatoes, corn, green beans, and zucchini to the pot.
5. Pour in the vegetable broth and crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat to low and add the tomato paste, agave syrup, oregano, basil, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
8. Remove the bay leaves and stir in the lemon juice.
9. Serve the soup hot.
Whether you are vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to add more vegetables to your diet, Pritikin Soup is the perfect choice. With its distinctive flavor profiles, this nourishing dish is sure to please. Vibrant veggies, including carrots, red potatoes, and zucchini, are combined with tomato paste and agave syrup for sweetness, smoked paprika for heat, and a mix of oregano, basil, bay leaves, salt, and pepper for a layer of flavor complexity.
It should also be noted that Pritikin Soup is ideal for those following the Pritikin diet or for those who want to make healthy food choices. It contains no animal products, has very little fat and sodium, and is a low-calorie meal that’s full of protein and vitamins.
So, if you’re looking for a flavor-packed dish that falls in line with your health goals, Pritikin Soup is a fantastic choice. Give it a try and enjoy the cultural fusion it provides!