Tantalize Your Taste Buds With Pretend Soup
We’re delighted to share a recipe for a pret-a-porter take on traditional soup – Pretend Soup. With just a few key ingredients, this dish will soon become a favorite in your kitchen. This delightful concoction has the richness of a hearty stew met with the lightness of a summer salad, creating an explosion of flavor in your mouth.
– 1 diced onion
– 2 tsp minced garlic
– 2 tbs cooking oil
– 2 cups diced tomatoes
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 2/3 cup vegetable broth
– 2 cups cooked black beans
– 1 can corn, drained
– 2 tbs chili powder
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp minced jalapeno
– 1 tsp minced cilantro
– Ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and garlic and sauté until golden.
3. Add tomatoes, bell peppers and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
5. Add the corn, black beans, chili powder, cumin, jalapeno, and cilantro and simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of ground black pepper.
This hearty and nourishing soup is a blend of global flavors with a Mexican twist. The smoky chili powder and jalapeno give it a little heat, while the black beans and corn add texture and a creamy texture. This Pretend Soup makes for a delicious and satisfying meal all on its own, or you can top it with tortilla chips, grated cheese, and/or diced avocado – the possibilities are endless.
The recipe is a great twist on the traditional soup, and it’s perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, everyone can enjoy it both vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Why not take it up a notch and garnish with cilantro and lime? If you’re looking for something a bit more exotic, you can explore ancient recipes for traditional soups and gumbos from other regions of the world, such as Caribbean or African stews.
No matter how you choose to enjoy it, Pretend Soup is sure to become one of your favorite recipes. It’s easy to prepare and very versatile, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different herbs, spices, and ingredients. Bon appetit!