Delightful Press-Butter Cookies Exude Perfection
Velvety, creamy, and perfectly sweet—the press-butter cookie is a classic favorite for cookie monsters of all ages! This traditional recipe is easy to make and downright delicious, meaning you’ll enjoy baking as much as you do eating.
Perfect to accompany a cup of hot chocolate on a chilly evening, or as an after-dinner dessert, these press-butter cookies possess a delightful crunch and light sweetness. With only 7 ingredients and minimal prep time, these are sure to be a hit!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder before combining with the wet ingredients.
- Form the dough into small balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a fork to press the cookies slightly, making sure to use a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for ~12 minutes or until the edges turn a golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
When these press-butter cookies emerge from the oven, a sweet aroma will surely fill the room! The taste is light and perfectly balanced — and the satisfaction that comes with devouring each one solo is priceless. For an added touch of sweetness, dip each cookie in melted white chocolate or sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Forget about store-bought and make a batch of press-butter cookies today — you won’t regret it!