A Homemade Po Boy Bread Recipe That’ll Make You Say Yum!
There’s nothing like the taste of homemade bread, and why not make something extra special with a classic southern recipe like po boy bread? This traditional cuisine is flavorful and easy to make, so get ready to create a dish that truly tantalizes your taste buds.
To make po boy bread, you’ll need:
– 2/3 cups wheat flour
– 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 2 tablespoons of canola oil
– 3/4 cup of cold buttermilk
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, add the canola oil, buttermilk, and salt and mix until combined
4. Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined (do not over-mix).
5. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead until the dough is smooth
6. Shape the dough into a round loaf and place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean
8. Let cool before cutting and serving.
Tips & Variations
Po boy bread is a wonderfully versatile dish and can be prepared in multiple ways. Add garlic, cheese, herbs, or even olives to create a savory version of the classic. Or, sprinkle some cinnamon and a glaze over it for a sweet treat. Serve it with a juicy hamburger, or a vegetarian sandwich, or even just enjoy some slices with jams and jellies.
Po boy bread is a tried and true classic southern dish, and it’s a great way to incorporate various ingredients and flavors into your cooking. With its light and fluffy inside and its crunchy exterior, po boy bread is sure to please the whole crowd. So the next time you’re hankering for something with a little bit of south, whip up a batch of po boy bread for a timeless adventure.