Plum Cookies: a Sweet and Fruity Treat
Tantalize your taste buds with an unexpected twist on the classic cookie recipe! This Plum Cookie recipe is sure to please even the pickiest of sweet tooths. Perfectly tart and just the right amount of sweet, these cookies will be sure to burst with flavor with every bite!
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
3 cups cooked, mashed plums
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and clove. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mix, mixing until just blended.
5. Gently fold in the crystallized ginger, stirring until evenly distributed.
6. Using a 1-ounce cookie scoop or spoon, shape the cookie dough into roughly 2-inch rounds. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing 2 inches of space in between each cookie.
7. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies look golden brown.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy these Plum Cookies for a delicious snack or dessert! For an extra sweet finish, you could also sprinkle some finely chopped fresh or dried plums on top of the cookies. Or for a nutty crunch, why not top the cookies with lightly toasted walnuts or pecans! These cookies draw from classic rustic French recipes and make perfect use of sweet, ripe plums in season. Enjoy this delightful, fruity twist on the classic cookie recipe!