Tantalizing Pinto Bean Cake For Your Sweet Tooth
Tired of the same old cakes? Looking to tantalize your taste buds with something a little different this time? We’ve got just the right recipe for you: pinto bean cake. Brimming with creaminess and sweetness, this unexpected concoction will make any dessert table shine.
Combining traditional kitchen staples like butter, eggs and sugar with the savory crunchiness of pinto beans, this recipe has all the makings of a delicious dessert. Plus, with its unique blend of flavors and textures, this cake will make an ideal addition to any dinner table – whether your gathering is filled with family, friends, or just you!
- 2 sticks of butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups of dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of cooked and mashed pinto beans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Stir in the mashed pinto beans until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving or decorating.
This twist on traditional cake recipes draws inspiration from both Mexican and Central American cuisine, making it a unique treat that is sure to please any palette. Its richness comes from the butter and brown sugar, while the pinto beans add a delightful crunch. It’s not too sweet but still has enough sugar to satisfy any sweet tooth.
If you’re looking for more delicious recipes with a Mexican flair, try making Mexican hot chocolate cake or tres leches using condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream. These traditional treats are sure to make any celebration even more special. Enjoy!