A Hearty Pinterest Meatloaf Recipe to Make You Drool
When it comes to classic comfort foods, there’s nothing quite like a good ol’ fashioned meatloaf. It’s been a staple in households around the world since its conception, spurring countless adaptations throughout the years. But our “Pinterest Meatloaf” recipe is taking things to the next level with its unique cultural influences and unexpected tastes.
2 lb ground beef
1 small onion (diced)
1 red bell pepper (diced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
½ cup white bread crumbs
1 egg (lightly beaten)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons parsley
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon brown sugar
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Heat up a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
3. Add the onions and bell pepper and sauté until they become fragrant and soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and sauté for a few more minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Remove from the heat and transfer the contents of the pan to a large bowl.
6. Add the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, oregano, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder and brown sugar to the bowl and mix everything together.
7. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Grease a meatloaf pan with nonstick spray and scoop the mixture into the pan.
9. Shape the mixture into an even loaf, tucking the edges in tightly and using your hands to achieve an even, domed shape.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden-brown and the internal temperature of the meatloaf, when taken with a digital thermometer, is 165°F.
11. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
What Makes Our Pinterest Meatloaf Special
This “Pinterest Meatloaf” isn’t your average meatloaf — the addition of diced bell peppers and smoked paprika gives it a smoky, sweet flavor that’s sure to have your mouth watering. The mix of basic spices like oregano, thyme and garlic powder gives each bite a certain je ne sais quoi, while the crisp onions give the loaf a much-needed contrast in texture.
You could say that our Pinterest Meatloaf recipe gives a nod to traditionally Italian- and Spanish-Americans recipes with its spices and hearty ingredients, but it’s also a great example of how traditional dishes can be combined together to create something unique that everyone can enjoy.
Nobody can deny the comfort of a deliciously moist and flavorful meatloaf meal. With this mouth-watering recipe in your pocket, you’ll be licking your plate clean with ease and might find yourself making a habit of this classic dish. So don’t wait, get cooking and make your Pinterest Meatloaf recipe today!