Pina Colada Cookies: A Tropical Treat
For a taste of summer all year round, nothing beats a tray of homemade Pina Colada Cookies. This sweet and coconutty treat is sure to whisk you away to a Caribbean paradise with each bite. Plus, the tropical flavors make it a great treat to transport to a picnic or family gathering.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, coconut extract, and lime juice until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
These Pina Colada Cookies are sure to bring out your inner beach bum. With flavors of sweet coconut, buttery lime, and a hint of tropical sunshine, these fragrant treats are an absolute delight. Enjoy them during your next pool day or even whip up a batch for a laid back movie night.
Inspired by classic uses of the beloved pina colada, this twist on the traditional cookie is a surefire hit. It also pairs up nicely with seasonal flavors and confectionary concoctions. Try pairing it with ice cream and rum-drenched pineapple for an extra zing, or top it off with a caramel butterscotch sauce – the possibilities are endless!
So have a little beach adventure break and whip up a batch of these one-of-a-kind Pina Colada Cookies. Feel the sand between your toes and enjoy the sweet taste of summer all year round.