A Deliciously Moist Pillsbury Banana Cake Recipe
Are you in the mood for a classic treat with a burst of ripe banana flavor? Think of this delicious Pillsbury Banana Cake as a traditional layer cake with a modern twist!
No need for special tools or training to make this banana-filled classic –– just a few basic ingredients and some creative flair. This special recipe calls for buttermilk, Pillsbury All Purpose Unbleached Flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and of course those sweet, creamy bananas.
1 ¼ cup buttermilk
2 ½ cups Pillsbury All Purpose Unbleached Flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two round cake pans.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the buttermilk, flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, egg and melted butter on high speed until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and mashed bananas, blending until smooth.
4. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients, blending until just combined.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans and bake in the preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting.
This moist and flavorful Pillsbury Banana Cake pairs perfectly with a sweet cream cheese frosting for total indulgence. Or, for an easy variation, try adding a layer of Nutella or a drizzle of honey. Whatever the topping, this banana delight is sure to please.
If you’re looking to take your baking skills even further, try adding a few extra ingredients to this recipe to create a unique take on banana cake. Throw in some crushed nuts, chocolate chip morsels or even a swirl of peanut butter –– the possibilities are endless!
Start your ovens and get ready to be transported to flavor heaven with this moist, classic Pillsbury Banana Cake. Enjoy!