Phillips Crab Cake Recipe
As a seafood favorite on the Eastern Seaboard, Phillips Crab Cake is a classic dish perfect for any occasion. Whether you are enjoying it on a picnic or dining with family and friends, Phillips Crab Cake is a delicacy that is sure to be remembered.
Filled with flavorful crab meat, Phillips Crab Cake is a great way to enjoy seafood. Making Phillips Crab Cake is a fun and easy way to experience the flavors of the Eastern Seaboard.
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Gently pick through the crab meat, discarding any cartilage or shell.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crab meat, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, celery, onion, eggs, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce until just combined.
- Form into 8 cakes, and place on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the cakes will hold their shape.
- In a medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Place the crab cakes in hot oil and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce, if desired.