This Peruvian Quinoa Soup Will Waken Your Tastebuds!
Have you ever tasted something so vibrant, flavorful, and comforting all at the same time? If not, you’re in for a real treat with this delicious Peruvian Quinoa Soup. Combining the nutty flavor of quinoa with a savory blend of tomato, garlic, and herbs, this soup is like a tasty hug in a bowl.
In Peru, quinoa soup is often served as part of festive holiday meals. But don’t let the festive occasion fool you — it’s super easy to make and requires few ingredients. Best of all, it has a velvety texture and fresh, zesty taste that will make you feel like you’ve been transported to the mountains of Peru.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups quinoa, rinsed
1 quart vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon oregano
1 bay leaf
1 (15-ounce) can white beans (drained and rinsed)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes, stirring, until the onion is soft and translucent.
3. Add the tomato paste and 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth and stir until combined.
4. Add the quinoa, the remaining vegetable broth, salt, cumin, paprika, oregano, and the bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low.
5. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked and the soup is thick and creamy.
6. Add the beans and cook for a few more minutes, until heated through.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
This soup is just packed with flavor and will definitely make your taste buds perk up and take notice. What’s more, it’s healthy and satisfying and can easily be made vegan by substituting the broth for vegetable broth. So if you’re craving something hearty and flavorful, give this Peruvian Quinoa Soup a try. Bon appetite!