Rich and Delicious Peruvian Cake
Peru cuisine is known for its delightful flavors, ingredient combinations, and amazing cakes. The delectable Peruvian cake is one of the most popular desserts, featuring unique combinations of ingredients, delicious spices, and sweet tastes that will leave every person wanting more. This is one dessert that will delight palates and make them go wild with its delightful combinations of flavors.
To make the perfect Peruvian cake, you will need:
- 3 cups of sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup of dried mango, finely chopped
- ½ cup of dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of orange peel, grated
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and grease a 9-inch round pan with oil.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix everything together until incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts, mango, apricots, and orange peel.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Serving and Enjoying Your Peruvian Cake
Your Peruvian cake is ready to be served. Dust it with some powdered sugar and garnish with some finely chopped nuts before serving. The combination of the moist cake, dried fruit, and walnuts give it an amazing flavor and texture. Serve your Peruvian cake with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream for added decadence. Enjoy the unique flavor of Peru with every bite.