A Sweet and Tangy Peach Rice Cake Recipe
Nothing says summer quite like a delicious, freshly-baked peach rice cake. With its warm scent of peaches and sweetness, this dish is sure to bring smiles to your kitchen. It’s a unique twist on the classic rice cake, and the perfect way to enjoy the last days of summer.
This colorful cake has a unique South Asian origin, utilizing a mix of classic Indian flavors with a hint of southern sweetness. The sweetness of the peaches is balanced by the savoriness of the spiced rice. The resulting flavor is incredibly tantalizing, bringing out the best of both worlds.
– 2 cups cooked white rice
– 2 cups peach puree
– 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
– 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
– 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
– 2 tablespoons ghee (or melted butter)
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked white rice and peach puree, stirring to combine.
3. Add the cardamom, cinnamon, ground cloves, flaked almonds, chopped walnuts, ghee, maple syrup, and ginger. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
4. Grease a 9 inch cake pan with butter or ghee and pour in the mixture. Spread the mixture evenly throughout the pan.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the rice cake is golden brown.
6. Let the rice cake cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Serve this delicious peach rice cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or a dollop of freshly-whipped cream. Alternatively, you can top the cake with chopped walnuts and peach slices, for added color and flavor. This dish pairs exceptionally well with strong, black coffee, for a delicious and energizing after-noon treat.
This easy-to-follow peach rice cake recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors. It’s an ideal treat for outdoor summer gatherings, potlucks, and dinner parties. Serve it warm, and enjoy the unique combination of sweet and tangy flavors.