Tantalizing Peach Cobbler Cookies
Are you in the mood for something sweet and delicious? Then you should try my peach cobbler cookie recipe! It combines a diverse range of flavors, textures and aromas – with a hint of southern flair.
Biting into one of these crunchy, fragrant cobbler cookies is like an explosion of scrummy peach cobbler in your mouth. It’s combination of flavors and textures will have your taste buds singing and your senses delighting in the sheer moment of pleasure.
The flavor is inspired by classic Southern-style peach cobbler, with an added element of cookie crunchiness. This tried and tested recipe creates an elegant harmony between the crumble-like texture of the cookie and juicy texture of the peaches. The secret to creating the crunchy texture is the oats. They provide a delightfully rustic and unexpected crunch that complements the juicy peaches exquisitely.
Making these cookies is a breeze, with only a few simple steps involved. Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F/00 degrees C and grease a baking sheet. Then you’ll need to combine all the ingredients:
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup peach jam
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda.
- Mix in the melted butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fold in the peach jam until uniformly combined.
- Now using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until fluffy.
- Add the cookie crumb mixture and mix until combined.
- Take spoonfuls of the cookie dough and roll into 1-inch balls. Place onto the greased baking sheet, then using a fork lightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool before transferring onto a cooling rack.
And there you have it: tantalizing, juicy and crunchy Peach Cobbler Cookies! They are best enjoyed with a cup of hot coffee or a cold glass of milk. Try them and see for yourself just how delicious and unique these cookies are.
These cookies are a fun twist on the traditional southern peach cobbler. With butter, oats, Cinnamon and nutmeg all coming together to create a truly delectable flavor, you can’t go wrong. Or if you’re looking for other peach-inspired treats, why not try my peach and raspberry pie or peach crumble bars?
So, what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and try this easy, scrumptous recipe. You won’t be disappointed!