Paula Deen’s Delicious Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup!
When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing better than a bowl of delicious chicken noodle soup! This homestyle classic, as made by the one and only Paula Deen, is sure to put a smile on your face and warm your belly.
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 cup diced onion
• 1 cup diced celery
• 1 cup diced carrots
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
• 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
• 8 ounces egg noodles
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons freshly minced parsley, plus more for garnish
• ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and paprika, and cook for 1 minute more until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the chicken, noodles, and pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes until the noodles are cooked through.
3. Turn the heat off and let the soup sit for 15 minutes so the flavors can meld.
4. Stir in the parsley and Parmesan, and season with additional pepper to taste.
5. Divide the soup into bowls and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and minced parsley.
This classic chicken noodle soup is a timeless comfort food that’s full of flavor and warmth. The sweet paprika adds an extra layer of flavor and the Parmesan cheese brightens up the soup. Don’t forget the freshly minced parsley to top it all off! Serve alongside some toasted garlic bread for an extra delicious meal.
This humble soup is beloved around the world and its roots go back centuries. From the Thai version with its sweet coconut broth, to the Jewish chicken soup known as “penicillin,” this dish has been passed down for generations. With Paula Deen’s recipe, you can recreate this beloved soup in your own kitchen. So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to warm your belly and fill your heart with this magical, homestyle recipe!