Patak’s ‘Butter Chicken’ – A Recipe So Scrumptious You’ll Never Want To Eat Anything Else!
If you’ve been on the lookout for the perfect recipe to tantalise the taste buds, then seek no further than Patak’s ‘Butter Chicken’! This truly scrumptious meal, known throughout India and the world, has been tweaked and perfected over centuries of culinary indulgence.
A Richly Spiced Dish, Bursting With Flavor
The secret to this succulent dish is a combination of seemingly disparate flavors, which come together to create a flavor-tastic explosion in your mouth! It all starts with its rich and creamy base, made from the finest butter and a combination of spices, including coriander, cumin, cardamom and chili.
A Bewitching Blend Of Sweet and Sour
The real complexity is brought by the exquisite marinade, which is made with tomato puree, garlic, ginger and Indian ‘Desi Mirch’ chili. Finally, it is tempered with a dollop of ‘amchur’ (dried mango) powder to offer that lovely sweet and sour contrast. This perplexing blend of flavors will have you wanting more with each bite.
Enjoyed Across the World For Centuries
A master of the Indian kitchen wouldn’t be complete without Patak’s Butter Chicken recipe! A timeless classic, it can be dressed up for a formal dinner for guests or served as an informal family meal. This dish has been enjoyed for centuries, with its yumminess spreading from the kitchens of India to tantalize the taste buds of people all over the world.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Ready to rustle up this mouth-watering meal yourself? You’ll be sure to impress your family and friends with this one!
What You’ll Need
- 500g chicken, cut into pieces
- 25g butter
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 cm piece of grated ginger
- 2tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Desi Mirch powder
- 2tsp amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 medium sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 3/4 cup thick cream
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Once melted add garlic, ginger and spices (coriander, cumin, cardamom and chilli) and fry for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken pieces and Desi Mirch powder, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the amchur bone and stir for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes, tomato puree, garam masala and salt. Stir until everything is mixed together, then turn up the heat and allow to simmer for ten minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is thick.
- Add the cream and cook for a further five minutes, stirring constantly. Serve hot with chapatis, rice or naan bread.
There you have it – the delicious ‘Butter Chicken’ made to perfection! This truly unique recipe combines cultural influences, unique ingredients and classic Indian cooking methods to create a mouth watering meal. As well as being easy to make, it is also a healthier alternative to traditional ‘butter chicken’ recipes, as it uses less cream and ghee than usual. So give it a try – you won’t regret it!