- 3 Cups Pasta Fusilli (although similar-sized pasta e.g. Farfelle or Gemelli is fine)
- 1 Garlic, Crushed & Peeled
- Half an Onion, Diced
- 1 Large Broccoli, Chopped to Bite-sized chunks
- 1 Cup Minced Pork
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- Good Quality Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Prepping the Pasta:
- Soften the Pasta in boiling water mixed with a splash of olive oil and some salt
- When it’s almost done, drain it and fill the pot with the chicken stock and some salt
- Bring to boil and dump the pasta back in until all the stock has been absorbed into the pasta
- Set aside
- Stirfry Minced Pork with Onions and splash of Olive Oil. Set Aside.
- On medium heat in a non-stick pan, toast the garlic cloves in some olive oil, then add the broccoli
- Stirfry broccoli until almost cooked, then add the fried minced pork
- When everything is nice and cooked, add pasta and toss till evenly mixed
Serves 3 (or 2 really hungry people!)
This is a great dish to modify with whatever fresh ingredients you have left in the kitchen.
Also, instead of making chicken stock from scratch, for a quick fix I sometimes use those awesome chicken stock cubes. 2/3 or 1 cube should do the trick.