Coconut Crusted Parrot Fish Recipe
Parrot fish are an exotic offering from the Caribbean sea, and a delicacy for many. This delectable fish can be prepared in a variety of ways, but this coconut crusted recipe is sure to please parrot fish lovers!
- 1 lb parrot fish fillet, skinned and boned
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place flour in a bowl and season with salt.
3. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl.
4. Dip the parrot fish in the flour, then in the egg, and coat with coconut flakes.
5. Add the olive and vegetable oil to a baking sheet.
6. Place the parrot fish on the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve hot with your favorite side dish!
This delicious coconut crusted parrot fish is a great way to enjoy this standout fish. The combination of the coconut flakes and the olive and vegetable oils create a flavorful, crispy coating that pairs well with the juicy, white flesh of the parrot fish. Serve this as an entrée with your favorite side dish and you will have yourself a fantastic meal!