Get Ready for Deliciousness – Parmesan Cheese Cake
As the weather gets warmer, a great way to cool off is with this light and tasty cheesecake. This Parmesan Cheese Cake is ideal for a relaxed dinner with friends or an evening dinner with family and is certainly the highlight of my summertime menu.
Flavorful Parmesan Cheese Cake Recipe
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed graham crackers, melted butter, parmesan cheese, and basil.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 8-inch springform pan to form the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool for five minutes.
- Mix together the parsley, garlic, sugar, and salt, and spread over the top of the crust.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream, milk, and eggs, until blended. Gently stir in the two tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned, and the center has set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then enjoy!
Unique Twist on a Classic Dish
This Parmesan Cheese Cake is a unique twist on a classic cheesecake. The savory combination of parmesan and herbs is perfect with the crumbly graham cracker crust. The creamy, eggy custard is light, yet still filling, making it a great option for dinner parties or potlucks.
Plus, the fresh herb blend of basil and parsley along with the minced garlic gives it a Mediterranean flair that sets it apart from traditional cheesecakes. The flavors combine in a way that elevates the classic dish to something truly special.
Tips for the Perfect Parmesan Cheese Cake
To get the most out of this Parmesan Cheese Cake, it’s best to use the freshest herbs possible for the best flavor. When you add the herbs to the crust, be sure to do it gently –you want an even layer that won’t fall off the crust after it’s baked.
For the custard, be sure to beat everything together until it’s blended well. You don’t want pockets of egg or thick clumps of cheese, as that can give your cheesecake a dense texture.
As always, it’s essential to cool your cheesecake completely before serving. It doesn’t take long, but it can make a difference to the texture and flavor.
Similar Recipes to Try
If you’re looking for more cheese-centric recipes, you’ll love the complexity of these:
- Gruyere Cheesecake with Honey Caramelized Onions is a delicious stand-in for a savory tart, with a sweet and salty combination.
- Persian Zereshk Polow is a fragrant and flavorful combination of raisins, glucose syrup, orange juice, and chicken.
- Savory Quesadillas are a fantastic way to get a cheesy fix without all the fuss. These are infinitely customizable, making them great for a quick snack night.
Parmesan Cheese Cake is the perfect way to bring out these flavors in a unique way and add a bit of variety to the summertime dessert rotation. The combination of the crust, custard, and herbs is sure to have your guests asking for seconds! Try it out, and be sure to let me know how the Parmesan Cheese Cake turns out. With a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious treat in no time. Enjoy!