Pappadeaux Shrimp & Grits Recipe
Trying out the popular seafood Southern comfort dish, Pappadeaux shrimp & grits, is easier than you think with this simple and easy to follow recipe. This creamy, flavorful and delicious dinner will be an instant favorite!
– ¼ Cup Butter
– 2 Shallots (minced)
– 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
– 2 Cups Chicken Stock or Chicken Broth
– 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
– 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
– ½ Teaspoon Dried Cayenne Pepper (optional)
– ¼ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
– 1 Pound peeled and deveined Shrimp
– 1 Tablespoon Creole Seasoning
– ½ Cup White Wine
– 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
– 5-6 Cups cooked Stone-Ground Grits
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium to high heat. Add in the shallots and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Add in the chicken stock, parsley, basil, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Add in the shrimp and Creole seasoning. Cook until the shrimp become opaque and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add in the white wine and flour, stirring until incorporated.
5. Finally, add in the cooked grits and stir until everything is combined and the sauce has thickened.
6. Serve the shrimp & grits immediately. Enjoy!