Deliciously Unique Paper Wrapped Chicken
Sometimes the most unique dishes you can make come from playing with the combinations of ingredients and cooking methods. That’s exactly the case for paper wrapped chicken, a fusion dish that takes influences from Chinese, Korean, and Southeast Asian cultures.
An Adventure for Your Taste Buds
This simple, yet delicious recipe combines the savory and succulent taste of chicken with the light and crisp texture of paper-thin pastry. Marinating the chicken in a flavorful mix of pantry staples like garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil creates a marinade that is out of this world!
This dish is a party in your mouth and an adventure for your taste buds. The experience begins with the fragrant aroma of the marinade as you open the oven. Once it’s ready, the thin-crusted paper wrapper that surrounds the chicken will burst of flavor with every bite. As you chew, the juicy chicken mixed with the sweet and savory marinade create an explosion of flavor guaranteed to impress your guests!
Getting Wrapped Up
Traditionally, the thin-crusted pastry for paper wrapped chicken is handmade, the preparation process is a labor of love that takes time. Fortunately, if you don’t have the time to make your own, you can easily find thin-crusted pastry at your local grocery store.
Once you have the thin-crusted pastry, it’s time to get wrapping! Start by marinating your chicken in the flavorful mix of devine ingredients mentioned above. Once marinated, wrap the chicken in thin-crusted pastry or parchment paper.
Cooking Up Something Delicious
When wrapping the chicken, be sure to crimp the edges shut to ensure all of the juice is kept inside. You can also brush some oil on the wrap to make it crispy and golden. Finally, Pre-heat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Bake the chicken wrapped in the paper for 40 minutes and voila!
Recipe: Paper Wrapped Chicken
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 40 Minutes | Serves: 4
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 sheets of thin-crusted pastry or parchment paper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil to create marinade
- Add chicken breasts to marinade and mix until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place each one on its own sheet of thin-crusted pastry or parchment paper.
- Spoon out the remaining marinade over the chicken and top with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Wrap the chicken tight and make sure to crimp the edges shut to ensure all of the juice is kept inside
- Brush the wrapped chicken with oil and bake in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes
- Serve with your favorite side dish for a delicious and unique meal
Get Creative with Paper Wrapped Chicken!
Paper wrapped chicken is an excellent dish to explore with, allowing you to be creative. Add your favorite spices and herbs, mix different marinades, or create different pastry doughs to play with the flavor and texture.
So, go ahead and be bold in the kitchen and explore the world of paper wrapped chicken. Who knows, you may come up with something even more delicious than this recipe!