Cambodian Papaya Salad – A Refreshing Take On An Exotic Dish
Love fruit salads? Then you’ll love this unique Cambodian papaya salad recipe. Loaded with a perfect balance of flavor and texture, this is an easy-to-make dish that’s bursting with tantalizing tastes.
The tart and sweet flavors of the mango, crunch of the peanuts and freshly grated papaya, combined with the spiciness of the chilli, will leave your taste buds wanting more! Not to mention, the various herbs and spices used in this dish make it a truly remarkable culinary experience.
– 1 large papaya, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
– 2 large mangoes, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
– 1 large red chilli, thinly sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– juice of 1 large lime
– 2 tablespoons palm or brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
– 2 tablespoons of mint, parsley, and/or coriander, roughly chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the papaya and mango slices into a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the chilli, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Pour the sauce over the papaya and mango slices and toss gently to combine.
4. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top with the peanuts, mint, parsley, and/or coriander.
6. Serve immediately.
This Cambodian papaya salad is a great way to add some color and flavor to any meal. The variations in texture and flavor make it interesting and the simplicity of the recipe makes it a great dish to whip up on a weeknight.
This is a great base recipe, but you can also play around with different herbs and spices to add new layers of flavor. You can also add cooked seafood such as shrimp or crab to make the dish more substantial.
If you’re looking for other unique salads to try, check out this lemongrass, chili and lime dressing or try this tasty Thai mango salad. You’ll be amazed by the flavor and texture combinations that make these recipes truly unique.