Cassava Cake (Panlasang Pinoy)
Cassava cake is one of the well-loved Filipino desserts. It’s made with grated cassava which gives this cake its unique texture and flavor. This Panlasang Pinoy recipe uses condensed milk and coconut milk for extra sweetness and a creamy texture. If you’re looking for a unique and delicious dessert to try, then this cassava cake is a must-try!
• 1 kg grated cassava
• 2 cans condensed milk
• 1 ½ cups coconut milk
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 teaspoonful of salt
• 1 teaspoonful of vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C and grease an 11”x7’ inch pan.
2. In a bowl, mix grated cassava, condensed milk, coconut milk, butter and salt until fully combined.
3. In another bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
4. Gradually add the egg mixture to the cassava mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!