Indulge in a Delicious Panera Quinoa Salad
This mouth-watering dish starts with a base of quinoa, an amazingly nutritious powerhouse grain loaded with plant-based protein, fiber and important vitamins and minerals. To that, we add a melange of delightful flavors including tomatoes, cucumber, charred corn, blanched broccoli and a satisfying avocado-ranch drizzle. Throw in a scoop of tart dried Cranberries and crunchy Roasted Pepitas for good measure, and you have a salad that’s both light and bursting with flavor.
The taste and texture of this salad draw upon the culinary traditions of the Mediterranean and the Southwest. From the piquant and citrusy flavors of the Mediterranean to the zesty and smoky elements of the Southwest which bring the salad to life, these two regional cuisines are blended together in perfect harmony.
In my experience, I’ve found that Panera’s Quinoa Salad pairs perfectly with a light splash of extra-virgin olive oil and freshly-squeezed lemon juice. This provides an extra layer of flavor, adding brightness and a hint of acidity – the perfect accent to the nutty, savory quinoa.
If you’re looking for a light yet satisfying meal, I can highly recommend the Panera Quinoa Salad. It’s a great way to stay healthy while getting the comfort of a hearty meal. And if you’re into experiments with flavor, why not explore the different influences of Mediterranean and Southwest cuisine by adding other ingredients like artichoke hearts or smoked paprika? The possibilities are endless!
– 1 cup quinoa
– 2 tomatoes, diced
– ½ cucumber, diced
– 1 cup charred corn
– 1 cup blanched broccoli
– 1/3 cup dried cranberries
– 4 tablespoons Roasted Pepitas
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons avocado-ranch dressing
1. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, corn and broccoli.
3. Once the quinoa is cooked, add to the bowl and toss everything together.
4. Add the cranberries, pepitas and olive oil, tossing to combine.
5. Drizzle the lemon juice and avocado-ranch dressing over the salad, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy!