Rustling Up A Pakistani Frontier Chicken
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to explore the colorful and exotic flavors of Pakistani cuisine, try your hand at creating this delectable Pakistani Frontier Chicken! Just the thought of the savory, aromatic spices and ingredients melting together to create an unforgettable dish will have your taste buds tingling with excitement.
The flavors of this dish are rooted in the Marri tribal cultures of the Balochistan mountain range, designed to tantalize your palate with the perfect blend of sweet and savory. By combining a medley of local ingredients, such as red chili powder, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, cilantro, and tomatoes, you’ll create a spiced stew that captures the one-of-a-kind flavors of the Pakistani frontier.
This unique combination of herbs and spices has left generations of Pakistani cooks with their mouths watering! It has been passed down through the generations, transforming according to the tastes to suit different climates and regional-specific ingredients. Nevertheless, it has remained a key component of Pakistani culture, cuisine, and flavor.
Let’s Get Cooking!
To make this delicious Pakistani Frontier Chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 medium size onion, chopped
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
– 1 teaspoon cumin powder
– 1 teaspoon garam masala
– ½ teaspoon turmeric
– ½ teaspoon red chili powder
– 2 tomatoes, chopped
– 1 cup chicken stock
– 1 pound chicken, cut into cubes
– 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil then add onion and sauté until golden brown.
2. Add garlic, ginger paste, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, and red chili powder. Stir and sauté until the spices are fragrant and the onion is caramelized.
3. Add tomatoes to the onion-spice mixture, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken cubes, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add chicken stock, cover the skillet, and let the stew cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
6. Once the chicken is cooked through, sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
For an extra burst of flavor, try adding a pinch of chaat masala. This will give your stew a bright, tangy flavor that will have your guests sing your praises!
For an alternate take on this classic dish, try replacing the chicken with beef and using ghee in place of olive oil. This will give your stew a rich, deep flavor that will have your guests coming back for seconds!
The unique combination of spices in this Pakistani Frontier Chicken makes it the perfect accompaniment to steamed rice or freshly baked naan. So fire up your stovetop, because this exotic dish is sure to make your evening a delicious one!