A Outback Sesame Salad with a Unique Twist
Who doesn’t love a good salad?! Salads are so versatile, you can mix and match so many different ingredients to create something completely original and delicious. If you’re looking for something a little different and unique, then you have to try this Outback Sesame Salad. With a mix of unexpected cultural influences and a couple of unusual ingredients, this salad is sure to tingle your taste buds.
The Outback Sesame Salad is an exciting blend of Asian and Australian flavours, combining the best of both worlds. The combination of sesame oil and lime give it a distinctive oriental twist, while the Australian-inspired elements like bush tomato and wattleseed add a hint of something special. All of these elements come together to create a crisp, refreshing salad which has a taste that is uniquely its own.
The ingredients for this delicious Outback Sesame Salad are:
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons lime juice
– 1 teaspoon bush tomato
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
– 2 tablespoons wattleseed
– ½ head red cabbage, shredded
– ½ head green cabbage, shredded
– 1 small red onion, diced
1. In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil and lime juice.
2. Add the bush tomato, coriander, mint, and wattleseed and mix until well combined.
3. In a large bowl, combine the red and green cabbage and onion.
4. Add the dressing to the cabbage mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.
5. Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.
This Outback Sesame Salad is so full of flavour, it’s sure to be a hit at your next dinner party. Whether you’re looking for something fresh and light for a hot summer’s day, or a hearty, filling meal on a cold winter’s night, this recipe is sure to fit the bill. It pairs nicely with almost any type of protein and is also a great vegan option. So if you’re looking for something uniquely delicious, give this salad a try!
Happy cooking and bon appetit!