Nothing beats a classic dessert recipe, and today I’m excited to share my Oreo Pound Cake – a tried-and-true confection that is sure to tantalize the taste buds of your friends and family. This delectable recipe is the perfect combination of a traditional pound cake and oreo cookie flavors.
A unique combination of cultural influences, this Oreo Pound Cake merges a popular American favorite with elements of French patisserie. An incredibly indulgent treat that offers layers of textures and flavors, it is sure to be a highlight of any special occasion.
For this recipe, you’ll need to set aside a total of 1 hour to prepare and bake the treat.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 Oreos
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch pound cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the Oreos on top of the batter.
- Spread the remaining batter over the Oreos.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before serving!
Earning rave reviews from friends and family, my Oreo Pound Cake is an all-time favorite treat. Featuring a unique blend of textures and flavors, it is a treat worth savoring. Creamy, buttery, and delightfully crunchy, this pound cake is the perfect accompaniment to coffee, tea, or after-dinner drinks. For a fun twist, you could even serve individual slices with scoops of ice cream!
This Oreo Pound Cake has subtly notes of nostalgia, as it often reminds me of the desserts I used to bake with my grandmother in France. It also pairs perfectly with a scoop of lemon sorbet – a favorite recipe of hers. Because of these fond memories, whenever I make this pound cake I’m sure to savor it a little bit more.
We hope you enjoy this Oreo Pound Cake as much as we do – and with this easy-to-make recipe, you can’t go wrong! Bon appétit!