Savory Comfort Food with a Twist: NYT Garlic Bread
Nothing says comfort quite like a warm slice of garlic bread. A classic staple of Italian cuisine, its distinct aroma and delectable flavor are hard to say no to. But while garlic bread is frequently enjoyed with Italian dishes, the New York Times’ take on the dish brings a unique flavor and texture you won’t find elsewhere.
– 1 loaf of Italian or French Bread, halved lengthwise
– 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
– 2 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, parsley, Parmesan, and pepper. Mix until well blended.
3. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the inside halves of the loaf.
4. Place the halves, butter side up, onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
6. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
The Delicious Details
This NYT Garlic Bread Recipe is the perfect way to elevate the classic. The butter and garlic add rich flavor while the parsley and Parmesan bring a burst of freshness and brightness. The result is a loaf that is deeply savory yet surprisingly light. The loaf also has an unexpectedly tender and airy texture, thanks to the unique characteristics of its ingredients.
This recipe can be added to any meal to make it extra special. Serve it as a side with a hearty Italian stew, or enjoy the loaf on its own for a simple but delicious snack. You can also turn it into exquisite garlic cheese bread by adding additional cheese of your choice to the butter mixture. Whichever way you choose to enjoy it, one thing is certain: NYT Garlic Bread is a perfect way to enjoy the timeless taste of comfort food.