Welcome to the sweet world of Nutmeg Noel Cookies
Christmas may be over but that doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy some more festive baking! Nutmeg Noel Cookies are the perfect way to bring the festive cheer into your day. This classic recipe is packed with nutty goodness, perfect for an afternoon of baking that will Santa will be proud of!
– 1/2 cup melted butter
– 1/2 cup caster sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon milk
– 1 cup plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
3. Add nutmeg, baking powder, salt and egg to sugar mixture. Mix well.
4. Gradually add in flour a bit at a time, alternating with milk and stirring until combined.
5. Place spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a greased baking tray, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden-brown.
7. Leave to cool before transferring to a cooling rack.
These sweet Nutmeg Noel Cookies are like a little bite of festive heaven and make the perfect snack! The nutmeg adds a warm flavour and depth that is so comforting around the holidays, while the butter and sugar provide a delicious chewy texture. They go perfectly with a cup of hot cocoa and make the perfect gift for family and friends!
Nutmeg Noel Cookies are a variation on traditional shortbread, with a few more ingredients and a special Christmassy kick. Why not use this recipe as a template to create some unique treats for the upcoming winter season – like cranberry and pistachio, or spiced gingerbread? Either way, these cookies can be adapted to suit a variety of festive flavours.