Warm and Delicious Nutmeg Cookie Recipe
Feeling the need for a sweet treat that is different from your ordinary chocolate chip or sugar cookies? Then this recipe for nutmeg cookies is a must-have. With a delicious, warm taste, and a perfect balance of sweetness, spiciness, and crunch, this easy, five-ingredient recipe is a great way to switch things up for your next baking session.
What You Need
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in the melted butter, stirring until it’s well blended.
- Stir in the brown sugar, blending until consistent.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour and nutmeg.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown.
- Cool on wire racks and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
To get an extra burst of spiciness from the nutmeg, you can add a few extra shakes of the spice. Just be careful not to add too much nutmeg, as the flavor can become overwhelming. For added sweetness, feel free to add some sugar or raisins to the mixture. You can also add a pinch of cinnamon or cloves to give the cookies an even deeper flavor. Enjoy!