Experience Nicaraguan Cake
The colorful culture of Nicaragua has been celebrated in baking traditions since the Spanish occupation in the 16th century. Oftentimes, Nicaraguan Cake is presented at special occasions or religious festivities as a delicious representation of Nicaraguan culture. This colorful, sweet treat is made of layers of crispy pastry, sweet cream and fruit, and creates a flavor combination sure to tantalize your tongue.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted Fruit
- Cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, butter, oil and sugar in a large bowl. Beat eggs one at a time until combined, then blend with the mixer on low speed until the batter is completely combined.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and cut into slices or bars.
- To assemble the Nicaraguan Cake, alternate layers of the cake and cream in an alternating pattern in an 8-inch circular glass dish. top with desired fruit.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Nicaraguan Cake looks exquisite and is sure to flavor your taste buds with its sweet, creamy and diverse elements. Each slice is sure to bring joyous surprise and satisfaction, as the combination of flavors manifests with every bite. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or simply enjoying a delicious treat, the Nicaraguan Cake is the perfect treat to bring smiles and laughter to the table.