Bring in the New Year with a Delicious Dish – New Year’s Pork!
Let’s welcome 2021 with a scrumptious and hearty meal – New Year’s Pork. This dish has just the right balance of sweetness and saltiness, making it the perfect celebratory dish for the occasion.
New Year’s pork is a traditional Chinese dish that has been handed down through generations, with each family giving their own unique spin. In my family, my aunt was the one who took the lead in preparing this delicious concoction. She would marinate the pork overnight in an aromatic blend of five spices, and then fry it up until it was perfectly crisp and deliciously succulent.
This traditional dish packs a delicious punch, and it couldn’t be simpler to make! Here’s the recipe for you to try at home.
- 1 lb pork chops, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, five-spice powder, garlic, honey, and Mirin. Mix until everything is blended. Add the pork chops and marinade, cover and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add in the pork chops and cook until they are crisp, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve the pork chops hot with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a dollop of your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
There you have it – New Year’s Pork! If you have a hankering for something sweet and savory, this dish is the perfect thing for you. It’s easy to whip up with just a few simple ingredients and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. And if you want to add a more international flair to the dish, why not try your hand at my aunt’s variation, which includes ginger and star anise for an extra kick of flavor?
No matter how you choose to make this recipe, one thing’s for sure – it’s sure to be a hit with everyone at the dinner table. So, let’s bring in the new year with a hearty dish of New Year’s Pork to add some extra merriment to your festivities!