Navajo Cake Recipe
Navajo cake is a classic cake from the Southwestern United States that is traditionally served as a special occasion dessert. This recipe creates an ultra-moist cake that is bursting with sweet and nutty flavor, and topped off with a creamy, rich frosting. Perfect for any gathering, Navajo cake is a delectable treat that you’re sure to love!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
For the Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey and butter until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and enjoy!