My Romantic Some
They say that the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach. My romantic someone knows that all too well. A few weeks ago, we decided to make something special for us to enjoy together. We settled on an easy dessert recipe that quickly became a favorite for both of us.
No matter what’s on the menu for dinner, this decadent dessert always hits the spot. The combination of flavors make it perfect for a romantic treat in the evening. Rich with cocoa powder, sweet with the addition of sugar, and infused with the comforting flavors of vanilla and cinnamon, it’s a great choice when you need a little something extra to bring together the night.
Chocolatey Cinnamon Muffins
•2 cups all-purpose flour
•1/2 cup cocoa powder
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
•1/4 cup vegetable oil
•1/3 cup buttermilk
•1 cup sugar
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place 12 paper cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, oil and eggs. Add the buttermilk, sugar and vanilla and mix together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
6. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Enjoy with your special someone!
This simple yet delicious recipe is a guaranteed winner and the perfect way to end a romantic evening. Make it with your special someone and you are sure to win them over with this delicious treat!