Skip to content
My Favourite Risotto Recipe
- 150g Risotto rice
- 2 – 3 Rashers of smoked bacon (or streaky bacon for even more crunch) / diced
- 1/2 Red onion / finely chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic / finely chopped
- 1/3 Red pepper / diced
- 1/3 Aubergine / diced
- 3 medium porcini mushrooms / sliced
- 2 Sun ripped tomatoes / chopped
- 1 celery stick / finely chopped
- White wine
- Sun dried tomato paste or tomato puree
- Dry rosemary herb
- Parmesan cheese / grated
- Vegetable stock
- Make or warm up your vegetable stock, you will need around a litre.
- Drop a large knob of butter and a glug of olive oil into a heavy based saucepan, and soften the onion, garlic and celery on a low heat.
- Turn up the heat and add the risotto rice, stir the rice quickly so it’s coated evenly in the buttery sheen. Add a huge glug of white wine and stir till the wine has evaporated.
- Turn the heat down and ladle some stock to the rice. Stir and wait until all the liquid is absorbed before you add the next ladle of stock. After about 5 minutes, add the tomato and a sprinkle of rosemary herb and keep stirring and cooking the rice.
- While the rice is cooking you can start frying the other part of your risotto (obviously keep a watchful eye on your rice!). Heat up a frying pan with a glug of olive oil then add the bacon, when the bacon is just about cooked through, add the diced red peppers and aubergine. Cook for 5 minutes of so, then add the mushrooms. When the mushrooms are cook through, you can turn off the heat.
- Just before the rice reaches that perfect texture, add a dollop of tomato paste or tomato puree to taste. Careful to not over cook the rice, you want it to have the al dente texture.
- Mix the bacon and vegetables with the rice and season.
- Divide onto warm plates and serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Share This Article