Enjoy Moseberth’s Fried Chicken for a Perfect Sunday Brunch
If you’re in the mood for a scrumptious Sunday brunch, look no further than Moseberth’s Fried Chicken – a succulent yet subtly spicy dish that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Although this recipe has roots in a classic Southern-style fried chicken dish, it has been given a unique twist by adding a South Asian flair. The end result is a delicious, flavorful dish that has a little something for everyone.
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken with garlic powder, paprika, cumin seeds and turmeric for 1 hour.
- Mix the peanut butter with sufficient water to make a thick slurry.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and the onion slices. Add salt, pepper and the green chillies to taste.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a pan over medium heat.
- Dip each piece of chicken, one at a time, in the peanut butter slurry, then roll it in the flour and onion mixture until it is completely coated.
- Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry the chicken for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the fried chicken pieces to a paper-towel lined plate and season with additional salt, if desired.
- Enjoy your Moseberth’s Fried Chicken with your favorite side dishes!
Uniqueness of Moseberth’s Fried Chicken
Moseberth’s Fried Chicken is truly unique in its blend of spices and flavors. The combination of garlic powder, paprika, cumin seeds and turmeric gives the fried chicken its flavorful base, while the peanut butter and green chillies add both creaminess and a lingering spicy kick. This creates an interesting depth of flavor that is both complex and satisfying.
The addition of onion slices to the flour mixture has a two-fold purpose. Firstly, it adds a succulent crunch that is characteristic of fried chicken. Secondly, it helps absorb any excess oil, which can make the chicken soggier.
All in all, Moseberth’s Fried Chicken is an excellent fusion of classic fried chicken and South Asian flavors that is sure to be a hit among all kinds of food-lovers. With its aromatic spices, vibrant flavours and crunchy texture, this dish would make the perfect addition to your Sunday brunch menu.