Delighting in Monkey Bread Easy for a Sweet Treat at Home
If there ever was a treat that had us all wrapped around our fingers, it is monkey bread easy. This delightful treat has been a favorite throughout time and has been passed down from generation to generation. With its gooey, sticky sweetness and flavorful goodness, it’s no surprise why monkey bread easy is so popular.
The centerpiece of this delectable treat is a delightfully chewy and buttery dough, studded with cinnamon and nutmeg and coated in a sugary-sweet glaze. The cinnamon-sugar combo provides a comforting aroma, while the sweetness is meant to remind children of their favorite treat in the vending machine. And, by using store-bought biscuit dough, this recipe comes together with minimal preparation and cleanup.
• 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
3. Separate biscuits and cut each one into fourths. Place the biscuit pieces into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and toss to combine.
4. Layer the biscuit pieces into the prepared loaf pan.
5. In a small bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar, and pecans. Sprinkle over the biscuits.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
7. Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from the pan. Serve warm.
This monkey bread easy recipe is a wonderful way to celebrate a special occasion or to surprise the family on a regular Tuesday evening. Popular in the U.S. from the South to the West Coast, it can also be traced back to Middle Eastern and Mediterranean culinary traditions for a sweet snack known as Quriab al-Hukka. Bursting with flavor and belonging to a long line of historical breads, it’s no wonder that this recipe is a favorite.
No matter what time of day or what type of celebration, monkey bread easy is sure to be a hit. Serve it warm with a little more of that iconic cinnamon-sugar combo, or go all out and pair it with a fresh cup of coffee or tea. Whichever way you choose, enjoy every bite of this delicious treat!