Taste a Piece of Mongolia with this Delicious Mongolian Pork Recipe
Transform any dinner into a Mongolian feast by introducing this savory Mongolian pork recipe! This dish is packed with flavor, as all of the traditional seasonings and sauces, along with some modern-day ingredients, come together to create something truly unique.
The succulent pork is coated in a tantalizing blend of savory and sweet flavors before going under the heat of the oven and becoming the perfect, juicy center of this Mongolian feast. Once it’s done cooking, be sure to spoon the delightful sauce over the dish to make it even more delectable.
- 2 pounds of boneless pork shoulder, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons of hickory flavoured barbeque sauce
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, red pepper, and five spice.
- Coat the pork cubes evenly with the mixed sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, honey, and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a greased baking dish, place the pork cubes and pour the hoisin sauce mixture over them.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the Mongolian pork over steamed rice.
This Mongolian pork recipe not only tastes delicious but it also provides us insight into traditional Mongolian cuisine. It’s the perfect mix of sweet and savory, the perfect balance of ingredient combinations that make this dish really stand out. Plus, with this recipe it’s not difficult to recreate the flavors of traditional Mongolian cooking at home.
This pork recipe is perfect for a unique dinner with friends or family, and if you’re looking to add a little more excitement to the menu, then why not try some other flavorful recipes such as Chinese-style pork stir fry or Asian-style pork ribs?
Make your next dinner a global culinary adventure with this Mongolia-inspired dish! You won’t be disappointed.