Warm Your Soul With Moambe Chicken: An African Traditional Recipe
Nothing warms your soul quite like a traditional African dish. Moambe chicken is no exception. A delectably moist and savory entrée, it packs a host of global flavors into one scrumptious serving.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
• 6 boneless chicken thighs
• 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
• 2 tablespoons of chili powder
• 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
• 2 teaspoons of garlic
• 1 cup of chicken stock
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• ¼ cup of onion, finely chopped
• ½ cup of white wine
• 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 teaspoon of marjoram
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. To a large skillet over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
3. Once warm, add the chicken and fry for 3 minutes, flipping once.
4. Add the chopped onion and garlic, then fry for 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
5. In a large bowl, combine the tomato paste, chili powder, paprika, and marjoram until evenly mixed.
6. Pour the mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
7. Pour in the chicken stock and white wine and let simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and pour in all remaining pan juices.
9. Bake for 20–30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is bubbling.
10. Serve with fresh cilantro and a side dish of your choice.
The Finishing Touch
A delightful permutation of African flavors, Moambe Chicken will light up your kitchen with the aroma of tomato, garlic, and cilantro. Richly spiced, this entrée will tantalize your taste buds with a striking blend of tastes and textures. Appreciate the fluffiness of the lightly breaded chicken complemented by the subtle sweetness of the coconut oil and the juicy pan juices. Serve it up with a salad and a side of potatoes for a well-rounded and incredibly satisfying meal.
Moambe Chicken is the perfect dish to enjoy with friends and family, just like its African predecessors. It’s an effortless way to bring a little bit of tradition to your table. Bon appetit!